There are a lot of unwritten laws of drinking …
Don't secretly dump out a shot, don't call your ex, don’t leave the bar without paying your bill.
But here are some actual written laws, on the books, that might get you busted in the U.S.
- In Oklahoma, if your beer's more than 4% alcohol, it has to be sold at room temperature.
- In Texas, if you're standing up, you're only allowed to take three sips of beer.
- Happy hour specials are outlawed in Massachusetts.
- It's illegal to give a moose beer in Alaska.
- It is illegal to drink while on horseback in Colorado, because – you see – a horse is a vehicle.
- You can purchase cocktails at the drive-thru stores in New Orleans. (Thrillist.com)
photo credit: shutterstock