According to Scientists at Loughborough University, drinking coffee and combining it with a 2-30 minute nap can maximize alertness-Researchers have found that drinking caffeine and then taking a 20 minute nap exploits a loophole in how the brain processes sleep and caffeine. Read more about the study here and let us know if you happen to try it!
How to take a coffee nap:
It's not rocket science, but there is a method to coffee napping.
- Drink coffee, or another caffeinated drink.
- One key is to drink it quickly so there is a longer window of time before it reaches your brain.
- Gulping down hot coffee may be difficult, so iced coffee is always a good option.
- When the coffee is gone, try immediately to sleep.
- Even if you're not able to sleep, resting or reaching a half-sleeping stage is good.
- Wake up after 20 minutes. Any longer and you risk getting into deeper stages of sleep, which can leave you more tired.