If you have even the slightest knowledge of computers, you probably know that HTML is a code used to create webpages.
But according to a new survey, 10 percent of Americans think HTML is a sexually transmitted disease.
The Los Angeles Times survery also found this about people's familiarity with technology:
- 27% think “gigabyte” is an insect commonly found in South America.
- 23% think an “MP3” is a Star Wars robot.
- 18% think “Blu-ray” is a marine animal.
- 15% think “software” is comfortable clothing.
- 12% think “USB” is the acronym for a European country.