Heading down to Capital One Arena for game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final between the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning tonight? Don't worry about having to call an Uber or Lyft home after the game because the Metro will be open!
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority announced that they will extend the operation of all 6 lines for an additional hour to get Caps fans home following the game. Following standard Metro hours, entry to the rail lines will only be available via the Gallery Place, Metro Center (11th & G street entrance only) and Judiciary Square stations (F Street entrance only), according to wmata.com.
The final trains will depart at the following times:
- Red Line to Glenmont 12:38 a.m.; to Shady Grove 12:32 a.m. (from Gallery Place - Chinatown)
- Green Line to Branch Ave 12:28 a.m.; to Greenbelt 12:48 a.m. (from Gallery Place - Chinatown)
- Yellow Line to Huntington 12:19 a.m. (from Gallery Place - Chinatown)
- Blue Line to Franconia-Springfield 12:28 a.m.; to Largo Town Center 12:27 a.m. (from Metro Center)
- Orange Line to New Carrollton 12:20 a.m.; to Vienna 12:36 a.m. (from Metro Center)
- Silver Line to Largo Town Center 12:27 a.m.; to Wiehle-Reston East 12:21 a.m. (from Metro Center)
The Caps are currently up 2-1 in the series.