The Rams Defeat The Patriots...In Virginia

The New England Patriots will take on the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, GA on February 3 but in Virginia, the Rams have already defeated the Patriots.

In college basketball that is.

The George Mason University Patriots took on the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Rams on Saturday, Feb. 2 and the Rams topped the Patriots 79-63. NBCSN first reported the score and then the official Sunday Night Football on NBC Twitter account jumped in on the fun.

 
 
 

So we can't help but wonder...will this be any indication of the big game's outcome? ESPN 's Matchup Predictor favors the Rams taking home the Lombardi Trophy, giving them a 52.4% chance of winning (with the Patriots having a 47.6%).

It has been exactly 17 years to the date since the Rams' last trip to the Super Bowl (Super Bowl XXXVI) where they faced none other than the New England Patriots, in which they lost to the Pats 20-17. 2019 marks the third year in a row where the Patriots have made it to the Super Bowl however. They defeated the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI, 34-28, and lost to the Philadelphia Eagles , 41-33, in Super Bowl LII.

Related Content: Baltimore Ravens' Safety Ed Reed Selected For Pro Football Hall Of Fame

Top Photo: Getty

title

Content Goes Here