This time of year we do a lot of celebrating, which could call for a bottle of bubbly. But shopping for sparkling wine can be really intimidating, so we’re here to help with this handy guide to Champagne buying. Here are some of the best Champagnes in the world - each of them has earned at least two ratings of 95 of higher by prestigious wine publications. So when you want a fancy bottle and you’re ready to splurge, here’s what to buy.
- 2002 Salon Le Mesnil Blanc de Blancs Brut Chardonnay ($430) - It’s one of the most highly rated Champagnes in the world, with scores of 100 from several distinguished wine publication. “Wine Enthusiast” recommends drinking it for 2018, so you could ring in the new year with this one.
- 2004 Moet Chandon Dom Perignon Rosé ($260) - It’s pink and has flavors of raspberry, cranberry, smoke, and spice, and a hot pink label - what’s not to love?
- 2004 Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Alexandra Grande Cuvée Rosé ($300) - This rosé is described as “rich and balanced” and “heavy on red-fruit flavors.”
- 2009 Louis Roederer Cristal Brut ($230) - This light and crisp Champagne is good now, but let it age for a few more years for the flavors to “evolve and intensify.”
- 2002 Piper-Heidsieck Brut Vintage Rare ($180) -With unique flavors like mint tea, pineapple, and candied ginger.
- 2005 Charles Heidsieck Brut Millésimé ($100) - It seems like a bargain at just $100 compared to some other price tags on this list and is described as “smelling of praline and toasted hazelnuts and tasting of dates and figs” which sounds perfect for fall.
- 2002 Billecart-Salmon Cuvée Nicolas Francois Brut ($200) - This one sounds delicious with “crisp notes of peach and lemon” and “deeper flavors of cherry and spiced pastry.”
- 2000 Krug Brut 'Clos D'ambonnay' Blanc De Noirs Champagne ($1,800) - When you really want to go all out for a bottle of bubbly, this Champagne has notes of brioche, caramel, and spices. And if you’re paying, we’d love to have a glass of it. Cheers!
CLICK HERE to follow and LISTEN to our weekly MOM JUICE PODCAST.