As this year comes to a close, everyone’s got a list of the “Best of 2017” on everything under the sun. But instead of reflecting back, Pinterest is looking forward to next year. They’ve pulled data from their 48-million beauty Pinners and come up with a forecast of the biggest beauty trends we can expect to see in 2018.
- Next-Level Lashes - Brows will still be big, but lashes are stealing the show next year. Searches for them are up 152% and there are lash extensions, magnetic falsies, and mascara tricks to get those next-level lashes.
- Super-long Extensions - Pins for “long hair” are up 130% thanks to celeb trendsetters like Beyoncé and Rihanna.
- Pixies - Not up for all that maintenance of long extensions? Super short haircuts will be big in 2018 too. Saved Pins for pixies are up 130% as well.
- Geometric Nails - Pinners like graphic nails and searches for geometric nails have increased 83%.
- Inclusive Foundation Shades - It’s taken a while, but beauty brands are finally coming out with foundations that match all skin tones on the spectrum. Saved pins for “complexion matching” shot up 378%!
- Wet-Look Hair - Saved Pins for slicked back and wavy hair are up 166% thanks to Kim Kardashian West reviving the wet-hair look.
- Lip Tints - Bright and balmy could take over heavy, matte lip looks in 2018. Saved Pins for lip tint increased 414%.
- Cleansing Oil - People are really into this one, saved Pins for cleansing oil have skyrocketed 555%!
- Facial Rollers - Derma rollers are perfect for zapping under-eye puffiness and Pins for them are up 345%.