I thought it would be fun to read and see where I stand. And for the record, it doesn't matter if you nail each of these or don't hit any of them. Your life is exactly where it is supposed to be!
Here they are:
- The average 35-year-old in the U.S. is married; the most common age for women is 27, and for men, 29.
- They also are more likely than not to have a child. The average American woman has her first child by age 28.
- A typical 35-year-old is already a homeowner. The median age for first-time homeowners is 32, according to The New York Times.
- A typical 35-year-old has an average salary of $49,400, or about $950 a week.
- And 35-year-olds have an average net worth, not including home equity, of $14,226.
- But more money also brings more problems: A typical 35-year-old is in debt to the tune of $133,100.
- And don't feel bad about hopping from job to job, even in your thirties: The average American has already worked 11 different jobs by the time they hit 35.