I'll try anything once...within reason at least. And potato chips are no exception. Most of the Lay's flavors that have come out over the past few years were solid but not something I am looking to eat often however this new stack of flavors has me intrigued.
Lay's has debuted 8 "Tastes of America" flavors that celebrating local cuisine across this amazing country.
Hannah Hart has done a video tasting some of the flavors. That video is below!
The eight exciting flavors are:
- Cajun Spice (Central Gulf): Prominently featured across beloved dishes like Jambalaya and Blackened Cajun Chicken, this Gulf Coast iconic flavor includes a mix of garlic, paprika, onion and oregano. The flavor celebration will take place at the Louisiana Shrimp & Petroleum Festival in Morgan City, La., from August 31 – September 2.
- Chile Con Queso (Texoma, Mountain, SoCal): Inspired by a Southwest favorite, this flavor infuses the legendary Tex-Mex taste of velvety cheddar queso with a dash of spice. The flavor celebration will take place at the Houston Food Fest on August 18.
- Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice (Mid-Atlantic): Inspired by crab shacks along the Atlantic, this flavor is a taste of the Bay with custom-blended spices ready to savor. The flavor celebration will take place at Chesapeake Crab & Beer Festival in National Harbor, Md., on August 18.
- Deep Dish Pizza (Heartland & Mid-America): A taste of the iconic stuffed deep-dish pizza inspired by the famous Giordano's pizza recipe. The flavor celebration will take place at Navy Pier in Chicago, Ill., on August 11.
- Fried Pickles with Ranch (Midwest): A deep-fried favorite at Midwest state fairs, you can't pass up the opportunity to try this fair food fav. The flavor celebration will take place at Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, Mo., from August 16 – 18, with Hannah Hart on August 16.
- New England Lobster Roll (Northeast): Inspired by the lobster shacks of the Northeast, fans can now get the flavor of fresh lobster served on a buttery grilled roll. The flavor celebration will take place at Maine Lobster Festival in Rockland, Maine, from August 1 – 5, with Hannah Hart on August 2.
- Pimento Cheese (Southeast): Inspired by Sunday socials and Southern charm, this flavor is a taste of creamy sharp cheddar with a hint of cayenne pepper. The flavor celebration will take place at Shrimp & Grits Festival at Jeckyll Island, Ga., from September 14 – 16.
- Thai Sweet Chili (Pacific Northwest): The food truck scene of the Pacific Northwest inspired this flavor, boasting the delicious blend of sweet chili sauce with a hint of heat. The flavor celebration will take place at Bite of Seattlefrom July 20 – 22, with Hannah Hart on July 20.