Summer is in full swing, as is the tour season for Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum, and Russell Dickerson. Cody Alan joined the entertainers on the road for an inside look into what happens during a season of summer scorching shows. You can get full details from Cody tonight by tuning into Radio Live (August 7, 2018).
Today’s article is really about just one of the artists featured on the bill, Darius Rucker. Now, you may think you know Darius Rucker, but do you really? Here are 10 interesting facts about the award-winning entertainer.
- His middle name is Carlos. That’s right! Darius CARLOS Rucker was born on May 13, 1966 in Charleston, SC.
- His momma, Carolyn Rucker, was a nurse and raised Rucker as a single parent while working at the Medical University of South Carolina. He loves his momma and speaks highly of her at every given opportunity.
- Rucker is 1 of 5 siblings. He has three sisters and two brothers.
- Rucker’s talent has touched audiences across three genres; Rock, Country, and R&B.
- The group name “Hootie and the Blowfish” was founded by compiling the nicknames of Rucker’s college friends.
- Rucker was invited to perform at Frank Sinatra’s 80th Birthday celebration. What cleaver tune did Rucker use to swoon the jazz crooner? None other than, “The Lady Is A Tramp.”
- “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It” rose to number one in 2008 making Rucker the first solo, African-American country artist since Charley Pride’s 1983 hit “Night Games.”
- In 2012, Rucker became an official member of the Grand Ole Opry.
- Rucker has many celebrity friends, however in an interview with CMT, he divulged that the most famous digits he has store in his cell belong to Tiger Woods.
- Rucker claims to have seen the movie, “Stir Crazy” starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor more than 100 times.
- Bonus Fact: Rucker is a huge fan of sports and has been known to catty around with Cody Alan in a golf cart when available. We have footage to prove it.
Want to catch Darius on Tour? CLICK HERE.
Photo Credit: Getty Images