I pride myself on being a good gift giver. But as the years get on, it's getting harder to find the things that I feel excited to both get and receive!
Adults are hard to shop for:
- We don't have time for our old hobbies, or we just aren't excited about those things anymore.
- We often just buy the things we want.
- We don't have gift lists to shop from to make it easy on our friends and family.
So I've decided to compile a list of ideas for you. This isn't just a re-posting of some TikTok or Instagram influencer, either. I am pulling from my own wish list, and the stuff I'm buying my friends and family. Most are Amazon links but buy these wherever you can save money! And shop small as much as possible, obviously.
- A musical instrument! A few weeks ago we were in Costco and there was a keyboard there that I tinkered with VERY briefly. But I felt something...excitement, nostalgia? I don't know. But I thought maybe I wanted a keyboard. Here is the one I decided to put on my list this year. Fairly no frills but also not something that I won't like to play. It's a starter version for someone who sort of knows how to play piano and used to be able to read music/sing. Casio CT-X700 61-Key Portable Keyboard
- The easiest journal. I give this every year to at least 1 person and I personally use this journal regularly. It truly only takes 5 minutes a day, split into 2, no less! And they have a kids version too. I have given this to a friend and a kids version for her daughter and they journaled together. It was a highlight for their day! The Five Minute Journal
- LEGO! Yes, for adults...Just hear me out...They have some really cool sets now that are definitely targeting adults by topic and honestly, price point. Some can get really expensive! They have various types of plants and flowers ! I have personally bought these below and given them as gifts
- For a newer driver, or someone who someone who has a new vehicle you could go with a Tire Repair Kit or this 250 Pieces Survival First Aid Kit
- Here is one for parents or pet parents! This BISSELL Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is a best seller for a reason. Kids and pets are messy, and this is way easier than a new rug or a car detail! NOTE: Don't buy this for your significant other unless you want to fight this holiday season!
- We grew up with physical photos and sometimes I miss them. Not enough to go through going to get them printed or uploading them to a website to have them printed though. That is where this Canon IVY 2 Mini Photo Printer is cool. For the photo lover in your life!
- Safety items are not a sexy holiday gift, I know. But when you need it...literally life changing/saving.
- Make Your Own Gift Set Ideas
- Candle Snobs
- Candles! A little pricey, but I burn a lot of Hotel Lobby Candle. (Spa is a fave but all of them are great.) I also really love L'or de Seraphine and they have STUNNING vessels.
- Candle Warmers are great for people who forget about their candles or when you are down to the end but want to extend it just a little longer. I have this one and use it regularly! There are tons to choose from for your decor!
- Candle Accessory Set
- Coffee Lover
- Frother (prices vary by color. I bought the cheapest color and it's perfect)
- Pasta Making Set
- Peloton Family Friends
- This fan is great for the Bike and Bike+ Rechargeable Clip-On Fan for Peloton
- TFD The Tray seems silly but I often sit at the bike and pedal while working! Plus this is a small business item!
- A water bottle that actually fits in the cup holder of the Bike and Bike+. Price varies based on colors CamelBak Podium Bike Water Bottle 24oz
- Ideas for the Kitchen Chefy types
- Same Frother as the Coffee Lover gift set but it's really a mini blender so this is great for mixing super easily! Think collagen, protein powder, chocolate milk...etc
- This is a game changer for fresh herbs. My cilantro lasts WEEKS in the fridge now. COLE & MASON Fresh Herb Keeper
- I have and LOVE these super cool magnetic spice rack and jars from Gneiss Spice
- Candle Snobs
Still looking? I collected a ton of other things on an Amazon Storefront for you. Any money generated from affiliate links gets donated.